Sunday, June 3, 2012

The two types of creating.

For me, design is CREATING completely new things or improving or changing something that already exists.

This weekend I encountered myself in a spontaneous but very interesting debate with a friend of mine. I believe there are only two ways of creating new things. One which involves coming up with completely NEW stuff that does not exist, and the other, that consists in changing, improving, transforming or twisting things that already exist in our world.

The debate arouse when immediately, my friend suggested that EVERYTHING already exists and that there is no way POSSIBLE that something new can be done. Well for me, and a lot of people out there; I think he is wrong.

It is true that everything is CHANGING. In life, THE ONLY CONSTANT THING IS CHANGE, however, most of the things created are completely new to the world. If not ask your parents. Their toys where completely different to ours.

A perfect example of an INNOVATIVE creation is the iPad.

I invite YOU to change the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment